- It covers three centuries from the beginning of the decline of the Qing Dynasty to the present day.
- Main characters:
* THE IMPERADOR - a "demigod", living in a paradise confined to palaces, surrounded by a large court at his service. Lord of a vast territory he administered according to his will, between Peace and War. His subjects, a myriad of faceless souls, built their lives between hard work (necessary for their sustenance) and the veneration of the "SOL KING" (with the exception of the Empress and the Concubines no one in his presence could look him in the face, and when they retired, they had to do it backwards without ever turning their backs).
*ZIZI - the Emperor's penultimate consort. With her death she ascended to her place the Concubine XI
*LI - Concubine. It represents in the work the "Positive and Noble side of the whole Human Being". Defender of moral, cultural and civic values. (has a transversal role and continuity throughout the work)
*XI - Concubine. It represents the "Negative, perverse and petty side of the human being". This character portrays another very real one that in a short time ascended from Concubine to Empress and with the death of the Emperor came to assume the government. His disastrous reign plunged the Empire into chaos and the greatest economic crisis and power struggle, culminating in his death in the implantation of the Republic (during his reign more than 12,000,000 people died from hunger and power struggles).
* SONG - Represents the architect and the worker of the transition from Imperial China to Modernity. He came to power after political and military strategies and after a "Long March". He launched a radical land reform by overthrowing landowners and dividing their large estates into popular communes. The definitive triumph of his Party, which he had helped to create, occurred decades later, marked by the crises of the "Great Leap Forward" and the "Cultural Revolution.
* LILI (LI's granddaughter) - This character assumes in the work the gigantic defence by the TEACHING and the CULTURE of a people...
* SUN - Represents the Man of Broad World Vision, Strategic and Political, defending the High Values for Humanity in the coming years.
* SNU (SUN Adviser) - Represents Discreet, Assertive and Struggling Women, assuming an increasingly frequent profile in the new generations.
A cookie is a small data file is stored in your browser each time you visit our website. Its purpose is to save the history of your activity on our website, so that, when you visit it again, our website is able to identify you and configure the content shown on it according to your navigation habits, identity and preferences.
Cookies can be accepted, rejected, blocked and deleted as desired. All this can be carried out through the options available here or the settings of your browser, as the case may be.
If you reject the cookies we cannot guarantee the appropriate functioning of the different functions of our website.
They are the most basic cookies. They allow the user to navigate through a website, online platform or application and the use of the different options or services it provides such as, for instance, being able to access the website's restricted access sections, look up products comprised in a past order, place an order, request the registration or register to an event, use privacy tools when navigating through the site, save audiovisual contents to be able to share them. These cookies are necessary for the appropriate functioning of the website and they cannot be deactivated.
Allow the website of Bubok to store information related to the open session of the user
Allows Bubok to manage relevant data to show to each user, to improve their experience within the website.
Allows Bubok to manage relevant data from the latest purchased books from the Bubok bookstore.
Allows Bubok to manage the visibility of the floating contact form, to improve the user's experience within the website.
These cookies allow their manager to monitor and to conduct user behavior analyses of the websites the cookies are linked to. The collected data by this type of cookies is used for the measuring of website, application or platform activity and for the creation of navigation profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, aiming to improve them based on the data analysis of the users' website usage. Click on the button below to reject these type of cookies, and if you wish to reactivate them:
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. Said cookie is used to calculate visitor data, sessions, campaigns and monitor website activity for the report of the website analysis. Cookies store data anonymously and allocate a number generated at random to identify each visitor.
This is a pattern type cookie established by Google Analytics, in which the pattern element in the name contains a unique identification number of the account or website it is related to. It appears to be a variation of _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount data recorded by Google on high-traffic websites
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. This cookie is used to store information about the way in which the visitors make use of a certain website and helps create an analytical report about the operation of the website. The collected data, including the number of visitors, their origin and the sites, are displayed anonymously
YouTube establishes this cookie and registers a unique identification to track users according to their geographic location.