A healthy mind is the key to getting your book written and published; to getting a book bind! All writers have had their fair share of writerâs block, and that is okay. It is easy to get stuck when people constantly have so much going on in their heads. However, studies have shown that a healthy lifestyle can lead to improved concentration and a better quality of life, which can help you beat that writerâs block. According to www.eatfresh.org, a website dedicated to assisting individuals to live a healthy lifestyle, living a healthy lifestyle can truly improve oneâs level of concentration, as well as their energy levels. If you are that writer that is experiencing a severe case of writerâs block, have no fear, here are some tips to get yourself back on track by living a healthy lifestyle!
Itâs easy. By following these simple suggestions, any writer can improve their lifestyle, and as lifestyle and concentration go hand in hand, they can also improve their concentration level and BEAT THAT WRITERâS BLOCK!!!
- Eat breakfast.It does not matter if you arenât starving. EAT SOMETHING! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Without breakfast, one may grow hungry and find it difficult to concentrate. If you eat something, it becomes easier to remain focused on the task at hand, which is your book!!!!
- Take some time for yourself. It is so easy to get overwhelmed in society today. Thus, it is imperative that you take some time for yourself, whether it be a few minutes or an hour. Taking time for yourself is important because it provides an individual with some time to reflect and focus solely on themselves, which is something we as humans frequently forget to do in todayâs crazy world. Whether you are taking a few moments to focus on your breathing or binge watching a few episodes of your favorite Netflix show, take the time to unwind and detox. It will help you concentrate better when you sit down to write again.
- Find the time to exercise. This is so much easier said than done, absolutely, but there are also simple ways to naturally implement more exercise into your lifestyle. It is okay if you canât find an hour each day to go to the gym or if you donât feel like dropping the extra money each month on that gym membership. Consider taking the stairs instead of the elevator in multi-floor buildings, doing some yoga in the comfort of your own home, or even walking places instead of taking the metro or a cab. These are just a few of the many ways that one can exercise and improve their healthy lifestyle for free without the hassle of memberships and intense personal-trainers. Exercising releases endorphins, and endorphins improve oneâs mood. Thus, if you exercise, youâll find yourself happier and better able to focus on your writing.
- SLEEP! I personally am the type of person that gets super carried away in my writing and will stay up until the sun rises just to finish the chapter or book that I am writing. DO NOT follow my lead. I canât even count the amount of times I say âI am ready for bedâ each day. It is important that you sleep. Getting enough sleep allows your mind to stay intact and thus enables you to stay focused on your task at hand, which, of course, is getting that book binded and sold!
- Donât develop the addiction. If you donât know what addiction I am referring to, it is coffee. Yes, everyone loves how awake and alert they feel after a good cup of coffee, but this feeling is only temporary. Eventually, coffee wears off and then there is a crash. It is so important that you do not constantly resort to coffee when youâre feeling the mid-day slump or donât know what to write next. Get up, take a lap, drink a large, cold glass of water. COFFEE IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWER! Take it from me, a complete and utterly embarrassed coffee addict! If your body can reenergize without caffeine, you will be much better off, the crash wonât be as drastic, and youâll be able to write more in your time.
- Keep a positive attitude. It is super important to make sure that you keep a positive attitude and donât give up on yourself. It can be difficult to remain positive, especially when youâre a chapter away from finishing the book and have no idea what else there is to write. That is okay. Donât give up. Your attitude affects how you function to such great extents. If you constantly put yourself down and act as if youâll never get over the writerâs block, then you wonât. It is imperative that you remain positive and always look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Say âI CAN DO THISâ instead of complaining about how you canât; youâll be much more successful.
SEE? It is SO easy to beat that writerâs block. If you focus on yourself and the quality of your lifestyle, then the writing will flow, and youâll get that book binded soon enough. Good luck!